Parenting for SUCCESS
Cutting Edge Parenting Skills & Tools for a Fast-Changing World
OMG, enough with the bickering and the battles! You’re so tired of snapping at your kids and sounding like your mother (or father).
Sometimes just getting everybody out the door in the morning makes you want to cry and no one seems to appreciate everything you do!
Trying to get your kids through homework and clean up creates so much stress that you find yourself yelling. And then you feel bad because you yelled.
It feels crappy and you wish everyone would just cooperate.
We all want to give our kids the best chance to achieve healthy relationships, happiness, and success, right? And we’re hoping we’re doing what it takes to create deep bonds and strong connections with them too.
You’re willing to sacrifice anything you need or want to make sure your kids have the best tutors, teachers, opportunities, and advantages. You set up playdates and foster their interests.
Am I doing enough? Doing it right?
We all wonder – I mean, who doesn’t want to be a great parent?
You so know that if your child wanted to be great at something, you’d get them help—lessons, a tutor, a coach. Getting yourself that same kind of support has the opportunity to make an even bigger difference for your child.
And I’ve got to believe that deep down you know that too…which is why you’re here!
Alright, so what might successful parenting look like?
It’s more than possible.
In fact, moving away from these tactics gets better results and builds your long-term connection with your child. And moving away from these tactics also increases your child’s ability to learn, while ensuring their future happiness and self-confidence.
Imagine having a great relationship—you enjoy being together, your kids talk openly to you, you don’t feel like you’re in battle with them on a daily basis.
Imagine feeling mutual respect and understanding and having faith that your bonds will last through the teen years and beyond!
In this 3-month program, you’ll:
- Develop trust between you and your child—this is a key foundation to your relationship
- Parent with confidence and gain cooperation from your child
- Break out of parenting patterns that lead to a disconnect between you and child
- Connect with your child—even during tantrums
- Stop damaging acts and build your child’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Learn how to set limits that work without turning to rewards and punishments
- Understand the principles of healthy child and brain development
- Be more calm as a parent
- Model healthy relationships for your child
- Feel like there is mutual respect and understanding
- Cultivate your and your child’s emotional and social intelligence
- Stop being who you think you’re supposed to be as parent—and be who you are!
- Learn the tools you need when things don’t work in the future
In this 3-month coaching program you learn how to have all of that…and more!
Benefits of working together:
- Your kids
- Listen better, get along better and cooperate more.
- Are more respectful and share more openly with you.
- Do better in school, get along better with other kids, are less anxious, and act in more socially appropriate ways.
- Reclaim your confidence and sense of self (even if you felt like they were M.I.A).
- Become the positive role model you always dreamed of being for your kid
- Stop feeling the urge to yell as much and feel more calm and capable when dealing with difficult situations.
- Your Family
- Feels much closer and more connected.
- Has learned to relate with one another from the place of trust, mutual respect and understanding.
- Is more fun, peaceful, and pleasant!
Discipline is helping a child solve a problem. Punishment is making a child suffer for having a problem. To raise problem solvers, focus on solutions not retribution. ~L.R. Knost
What You Get
You’ll gain tools and master techniques you need for your family to thrive—and you’ll understand the whys that make it all work:
- Skills to handle the inevitable upsets and challenges.
- Mindset shifts to transform the way you look at parenting.
- The how-to for setting limits that work without turning to rewards and punishments.
- The brain science behind anger, behavior, relationships, learning, connection, and more.
- Tools for improved communications that actually get results.
- The principles of healthy child and brain development – and what to expect (and what not to expect)!
The Parenting for SUCCESS Program Outcomes:
While this solves the immediate problem so many parents face around how to get their kids to cooperate, be more respectful, do their school work . . . it also lays the foundation for our kids to develop the relational skills and emotional literacy to be prepared to navigate the challenges of adolescence, academic pressures, and their futures as adults.
Socially and emotionally intelligent teens experience protective benefits from the negative impact of technology, social media, and the inevitable ups and downs of adolescent relationships.
The “Parenting for Success” Method – A 10-Session Program
I’ll show you:
- The reasons why punishments, reward systems and threats don’t work and how it feeds the emotional rollercoaster of parenting.
- Why your kids wish you would get a hobby (other than them) and sometimes say no.
- How to stay present and calm in the midst of your kids’ big emotions and challenging behaviors.
- The most important thing parents need to do before setting limits and boundaries.
- The brain science and research that will help make sense of your kids’ impulsive behaviors and emotional outbursts.
- The simple things that you can do so you can go to bed at night with less guilt and worry and wake up in the morning with more energy and enthusiasm.
- The most important leadership skill that you need to know if you want to raise kids who are respectful, resilient, kind, and empathetic adults.
- What your kids want most from you and how you can give it to them.
Letting Go of the Way You Were Parented. Here we examine how your childhood impacts how you are parenting. Since awareness is always the first step to making change, just this simple awareness of your childhood and its effect on you today will begin to shift your reactions. You will begin to see your triggers and be able to choose different reactions towards your kids.
Understanding Brain Development. Here you will learn about the parts of the brain and how your brain impacts how you parent as well as how your child’s brain works. Understanding brain science is a key step to managing your emotions so you can be more calm and centered with your kids.
Self-Compassion and Empathy. Learn the skills of self-compassion, self-kindness, and self-forgiveness. Learn how to reparent (and love) yourself so you can become less self-critical, more accepting, and feel more whole and healthy in our lives. As you do this, you take more responsibility for your actions and your happiness and have more capacity and energy to take better care of your children.
Parenting with Family Values. As a family, you will come together and discuss your family’s values. These family values become the foundation for your family and your parenting. Believe it or not, even the kids like defining family values and helping you to stick to them!
Learn the Tools for Connection. We learn a new language for connection that will be used to resolve conflicts within your family. Connection is the foundation for cooperation.
Understanding Your Child’s Emotions. One of the hardest things for parents to do is to sit with tantrums, anger, and frustration. Here we learn more about these emotions and how to safely allow your kids to express themselves.
Empowered Conversations. It’s time to learn how to communicate with clarity and from a place of empowerment. Learn the difference between being direct and dominant.
Setting Limits that Stick. Parenting for Success is not permissive parenting. But it’s not control-based either. So often we think that limits are rules and broken rules lead to punishments. But here we learn how to consider our kids’ feelings and needs when we create limits. We look at situations from a big picture perspective and discuss consequences. Peaceful limit setting allows our kids to feel safe, like we are the captain of their ship, and contributes to building long lasting relationships built on trust and mutual respect. As a result, kids listen and cooperate and you don’t have to yell to get your point across. Feel confident in your ability to set limits peacefully with your child.
Making Mistakes, Forgiveness and Repairing Trust. Since we are all human, we are going to make mistakes, disappoint people, and lose it occasionally. Here we learn how to take responsibility for our actions, talk about the situation in a productive way, repair trust, restore connection and move on.
Social and Emotional Intelligence. In this week, we weave these lessons together to understand how this builds SQ and EQ. We get to understand how creating ideal conditions for your child’s brain development will help them to make better decisions now and in the future.
Parenting for SUCCESS draws from a wide breadth of wisdom and science-based research. There’s no one trick pony here. We tap into:
- Teachings from thousands of years of ancient wisdom
- The good stuff from a variety of parenting styles
- New things we’ve learned about parenting in recent years
- The latest research on brain science, trauma, secure attachment, courage, communications, and the mind-body connection
- Many contemporary teachers in the space of conscious leadership and conscious living
- Years of human psychology research
- Many years of real life parenting experiences
Lots of nurture blended with tons of practical know-how!
What makes this program most unique is the distillation of so much knowledge from so many modalities into clear and practical teachings, lessons, tools, and skills AND the time together where I bring empathy, compassion, love, tenderness, and non-judgment to support you and your family.
What’s included in the program?
- 3 months of individual attention.
- Weekly audio recordings and written exercises so you can gain the knowledge and understanding to get optimal results.
- 10 weekly 50 minute phone coaching sessions where you will be guided through the Parenting for SUCCESS Method with personalization for your specific family.
- 2 bonus sessions after finishing the actual program.
- BONUS: 3 meditations to support you in your transformation AND email support for the entire 3 months.
I don’t live near you, can I still participate?
Our sessions will be on the phone. This allows me to work with people regardless of their location and it allows busy parents more flexibility because you can do sessions while your child is napping, from your office, or anywhere!
How much time will this take each week?
This is a truly transformational program, and no real transformation is easy. In general, between our one-on-one phone sessions, the personal assignments and the audio recordings, you can expect to spend 2–2.5 hours per week on the program. If you can’t devote the required time to the program, please revisit us when you can. A commitment to the program is a commitment to your family.
How much does it cost?
I’m so excited that you are considering making this investment in your family. I assure you…it’s SO worth it! This program gets results! Honestly, this program is PRICELESS. No lie, when I signed up to be a certified parent coach, I was looking for some support in the transition from the tween to teen years, but mostly I thought I was just formalizing the work I was already doing. I was shocked when I realized how much I had to learn and how much my family CHANGED in just 10 weeks. This is the REAL DEAL!
- I’m currently enrolling for late August/early September 2017.
- Your investment is $1995 (paid in full up front or 3 payments of $685).
- Let’s jump on the phone and discuss your family and how this program can help you – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of my coaching superpowers:
- seeing endless possibilities,
- creative problem solving,
- thinking outside of the “box”,
- bringing out the leader that’s within each of us,
- truly accepting you and helping you to accept yourself,
- bringing clarity to what seems impossible to figure out,
- reframing (e.g., problems into opportunities, “flaws” into gifts, pain into openings for joy), and
- inspiring you to bring more of yourself to your life, work, family, marriage, friendships, etc.
With me, all of you is welcome, even the messy parts, even the parts you think are unlovable. And when it feels scary, I’ll be there. When you don’t believe in yourself, I’ll believe in you.
How do I get started?
If you’re ready to take action, the first step is to setup a free Discovery Call with me. In this session, we will
- Get clear about what’s really most challenging about parenting right now.
- Discuss why threats and punishment don’t work and what does!
- Identify the most powerful actions that will move you towards getting what you want.
- Complete the consultation with the excitement of knowing EXACTLY what to do next to stop losing your patience, get your kids to listen, and build long-lasting relationships with your kids!