Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Deb lives with her husband and her 13 and 14 year old boys. Deb has a decade of corporate business management and IT experience, over 6 years of experience as a certified health, parent and life coach, and over 13 years of in-the-trenches parenting experience under her belt. When it comes to personal and spiritual growth, Deb proudly walks her talk and is committed to her own inner work.
Deb is a Transformational Coach for moms, executives and entrepreneurs. She’s a creative problem solver, a freedom catalyst, and a project & life architect. Most important to Deb is that even as we grow older and accumulate more responsibilities and obligations, we can still feel free – that we can show up authentically, live life true to ourselves and on our own terms, and have deeply satisfying relationships.
Deb is certified as a parent coach and educator by the Jai Institute for Parenting, a life coach and counselor by the Interchange Counseling Institute in San Francisco, and a holistic health coach by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition® in New York. She also holds a BS in Business Administration from University of Connecticut. But in the end, her best teachers are her husband and two boys!
Learn more on LinkedIn.
- In 2016, I completed the Conscious Parent Coach Certification Program at the Jai Institute for Parenting.
- In 2011, I also graduated from the Interchange Counseling Institute, an amazing and extremely experiential counseling program in San Francisco, as a certified life counselor/coach. I have been deepening my coaching work ever since.
- In 2011, I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition as a holistic health coach. I am certified by the AADP. I spent the six months after I graduated solely doing health coaching, but found myself more interested people’s overall lives than food.
- In 1992, I graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business (Major was in IT and Minor was in Marketing) from the University of Connecticut.
Relevant Volunteer Work
I contribute most of my volunteer efforts to the local schools. I’ve been involved in parent education for over 5 years, and for the past 2 years I’ve been the chairperson for parent education at the middle school.
- VP for Parent Education and Communications on the Redwood PTSA Executive Board.
- Co-founder of the Redwood Parents Connect project with the mission to create grade-specific parent discussion groups and moderate a private online forum for Redwood High School parents to build relationships and get the support they need during the high school years.
- Co-leader of a local monthly support group for parents with special needs children.
I’m passionate about making our kids’ emotional health as important as academics and sports and I work closely with the schools’ administration to continue to prioritize our kids’ social and emotional well-being alongside their academics. I work with local speakers to provide valuable support to our local parents in raising their children in areas such as anxiety and stress, mindfulness, drugs/alcohol prevention, and much more.